• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Auto Flite II Repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoc

Reaction score
My Auto Flite II (Century I) wing leveler recently started experiencing problems. With the Turn Command Control in the detent position for level flight, the unit will initiate a turn to the right. Setting the Turn Command Control slightly to the left will level the wing. Below is a YouTube link to a short video demonstrating the problem and how adjusting the knobs affects it. Is there a recommended company for repair? Is this something my local avionics guy can troubleshoot / repair? Any other insight or knowledge is much appreciated.

http://youtu.be/lqIvC1JJ7nM

Short history - purchased plane in June and used wing leveler several times through summer and fall with no problem. I used it on my PPL checkride on Oct 25th . I also used it one week later when I took my wife for our first flight together. In mid December, while flying with my father it malfunctioned. In late November we had our annual. I'm sure my A&P doesn't want to hear 'It worked when I dropped it off'. An annual is relatively invasive compared to 'it just sat for a month' so I thought I would mention in this thread. Maybe it is important information.

Latest posts

Back