• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aspen 1000 PFD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertNomad

Reaction score
While my plane undergoing a new metal panel...

1. Swapping GNS530W for GTN750
2. Swapping GEM610 for JPI830
3. Adding STEC-901 GPSS to my STEC-30*

*unless I add an Aspen 1000 PFD (see below).

Looking for user feedback on the Aspen. My Nav/Com2 is a KX155 and KI209 indicator (no glideslope). I gather that with the Aspen I would be able to remove my main NAV1 indicator (GI106A). Is there a way to have both the Aspen and GI106A display the localizer/glideslope? My GI106A will be hooked to the GTN750.

How does the GPSS in the Aspen compare to the STEC-901? A friend has a STEC 55X and says that its GPSS is "more aggressive" than the GPSS in the Aspen.

So I am considering an Aspen while my whole panel is opened up anyway and looking for feedback.

Any other gotcha on the Aspen - I like redundancy and the mechanical instruments seem to have fewer "single points of failure".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back