• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

FAA Approves Removal of Attitude Indicator With Single Aspen EFD 1000 PFD Pro MAX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RBosque

Reaction score
While looking through the Aspen website today, I saw this:

MEDIA ALERT: FAA Approves Removal of Attitude Indicator with Installation of a Single Aspen Avionics’ Pro MAX Primary Flight Display (PFD)

With a software update to V2.11 and the installation of a new, larger backup battery for the PFD, aircraft owners can have their standby attitude inidcators and vacuum pumps removed from their airplanes.

My standby AI and vacuum system are working fine so I probably won't have them removed right away. Plus, I get a sense of extra security from having an AI that is totally independent from my airplane's electrical system. But I might remove the standby AI and vacuum system instead of repairing them when they do eventually wear out.

What are your thoughts?

Latest posts

Back