• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aspen 1000 & 430W Install Quote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netsurfr

Reaction score
I got a quote from a local avionics shop to add an Aspen 1000 Pro PFD and a Garmin 430W and would appreciate an opinion if this price seems about right. I would not have guessed it was so expensive so thought I'd check...

Remove B/King KLN-94 GPS system with the #2 B/King KX-155A Nav/Com system.
Switch the existing #1 King KX-155A Nav/Com system to the #2 position. Install a dual GS antenna splitter.

Complete installation of a serviceable used Garmin GNS-430W WAAS Nav/Com/GPS system and a new Aspen EFD-1000 Primary Flight Display system. Map airframe for best possible location for Remote Sensing Module (RSM) using required magnetic mapping tool. Interface Garmin GNS-430W and existing B/King KX-155A Nav/Com to the Aspen EFD-1000 system. Interface Aspen EFD-1000 to the existing B/King KAP-140 Autopilot.
Installation in accordance with Garmin and Aspen Avionics STC information.

Your cost installed : Approx. $27,000.- to $28,000.-

Latest posts

Back