• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Anybody see GPS outages yesterday ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mshafer

Reaction score
Yesterday, mid morning, flying VFR from home to Indy, 12,500 both my Garmin 430W units kept going off line, coming back then off line. The Foreflight also went off line. The Aspen backup GPS seemed to work. On frequency, heard one pilot report GPS failure. I switched to Old fashioned VOR nav and ignored the GPS units. On the way back last evening, saw no issues.

Must of been the geomagnetic storm, first time I ever had that happen.

Anyone else see this ? Wierd. Also heard more static than usual on ATIS at distance from Indy I thought.

Latest posts

Back