• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Any Garmin GTX345 experts??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thekubiaks

Reaction score
I have a new GTX 345. I entered the setup information for the unit orientation (FORWARD, LEFT), leveled the aircraft, successfully calibrated. I took the GTX 345 AHRS for a ride and in general it worked quite well. In foreflight I had to do a ZERO Bank & Angle calibration and that helped a lot.

btw, does foreflight save the AHRS calibration data or do I have to do this Zero Bank & Angle procedure every flight??

The main issue is, when accelerating for takeoff, the AHRS shows a roll to the right about 20 degrees. In general on climbout the AHRS indicates a slight right roll. Once I level off and accelerations stabilize, the AHRS displays straight and level. I looked closely at the unit and possibly there is a degree or two or yaw in the face of the unit where perhaps the installer tried to have the display face me a little better??? The transponder is right of the main avionics stack. So, I entered 2 degrees of yaw in the unit setup and retested, the roll was still there on the next takeoff but not quite as much. If I change the yaw amount to say 4, should I re-calibrate on the ground??

Does the AHRS roll on acceleration sound like a GTX345 yaw issue to you?? Any recommendations.

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back