• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Any 235 Drivers Out There Willing to Give Some Landing Tips...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenjr

Reaction score
For better or worse, I'm doing my PPL in a 235. :) I love the airplane and have the maneuvering down - I love flying it. I feel great in the pattern but have read/watched several different approach options and see folks doing a variety of different things. Some folks cut power at the fence and use a little to keep ~75 to the runway...others are at 2000-21000 RPM all the way down and cut well after they've made the runway. I just can't figure out how someone can keep 2000+ RPM and maintain 70-80 on final?

I feel great on my approaches...just get to where I know I made the runway and trying to figure out what works best for me. I know there's several ways to skin the cat here. It's been some work to get used to the low wing/ground effect and to keep from flaring to hard and bouncing back up but I have managed to grease a few landings. Unfortunately, I've been flying in nasty winds lately...good learning experience...but frustrating. I'd like a calm day to get to know how it feels coming down...but this time of year for me that's probably going to be a rare occasion. We've been at steady 8-12mph the last 3 times I've flown with gusts today up to 27. Fun times....

Anyway, I bought one of those Contour nflightcam's and recorded some video. All comments/feedback accepted. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-RU3WNcgb0[/ame]

Latest posts

Back