• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Alternator?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sylvio_r

Reaction score
A few days ago I had a zero load on the Amp meter on my 1976 Arrow III. It lasted less than a minute. I first thought it was a sticky amp meter needle. Then a few days after the alt definitely went off line and I had secondary indications. Both times I noticed it shortly after gear retraction. I did cycle the Alt switch and reduced the load but it did not come back. The AME found that the alt belt was loose and tightened it, but there was no slippage indication on either the belt or the pulley. Could the problem be from a loose belt? What else could cause those symptoms.

Latest posts

Back