• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Advice on New Autopilot for a 1977 Lance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjpercle

Raptor Driver
Reaction score
First-time poster, so I appreciate the help in advance! I bought a 1977 PA32R-300 Lance about five months ago. I love this airplane. It has a legacy single axis AutoControl IIIB, a Garmin 530W, and an Aspen 1000 PFD. I had been considering upgrading the Autopilot with a more modern dual-axis system when the autopilot stopped working entirely. That sort of made the decision for me. Rather than throw good money after bad on repairs, I'd like to replace/upgrade the system. I'd love to stay under $10,000 USD installed, but safety is paramount. Any recommendations, or cautionary tales before I talk to the avionics shop on the field? I've attached a picture of my panel if it's of use.
Clay

N40447 Panel.jpg

Latest posts

Back