• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin GNS 530W, autopilot does not fly holds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piperforum79

Reaction score
Garmin’s marketing doc states:
“Put It on Autopilot
Working in tandem with standard autopilots that accept roll-steering commands, GNS 530W behaves like a high-end flight management system (FMS) and can automatically fly your aircraft through holding patterns, procedure turns and other position-critical IFR flight procedures.”

I have just upgraded my 530 to WAAS, and so far my Autocontrol IIIB performs as expected but it will not fly the hold. Does anyone have insights about this?

Latest posts

Back