• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Addison, TX to Orlando, FL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rviguet

Reaction score
I am getting ready to fly my Lance from Addison (KADS) to Orlando (KORL) and was looking for a good fuel stop. Although my sister has a house in Destin and I have made that flight from Addison many times, I am thinking I will not use it as a fuel stop due to the fuel prices but even more because of the issues getting in and out quickly with Eglin Airforce Base there.

Someone suggested Hattisberg, MS (KHBG). It looks pretty good, but my GPS is not WAAS so I would not have a precision approach there should the weather be bad. Also, there is no control tower so picking up my IFR clearance when ready to leave might be more of an issue than an airport with a tower. It looks like Mobile, AL (KMOB) might be a good choice that is pretty much on my way to Orlando. It has a tower and a good selection of approaches.

I am looking for something that I can do a reasonably quick in/out and that has a good selection of IFR approaches (hopefully an ILS). Any thoughts on whether KHBG or KMOB would be a good choice? Other suggestions?

Latest posts

Back