• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

AD98-02-08 help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCole33

Reaction score
Good day all.
Just hoping that I can get a little advice from some of you that may have had to deal with this already.

I am seriously considering purchasing a 1974 Cherokee 140 cruiser. O-320 150hp motor.
3550TT and 980SMOH.

Ok, that being said, in researching the log books I see several references to the 98-02-08 AD.according to what I have read, this AD as per the FAA, does not apply to this engine.
However, a mechanic back in 1998 did an inspection on the shaft and found some minor pitting, reported it and that's it.
Then, in 2012, another mechanic did a FPD inspection and found nothing. No cracks and reported finding nothing.
States that it needs to be reinspected in 100hrs which is about 30hrs from now.

So, my question is, has anyone dealt with the this?
I dont want to deal with this when I go to resell the plane..

Sorry for the long post but any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Randy

Latest posts

Back