• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

A Facelift for my King DME

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After many years, the faceplate on my King 64 DME had become de-laminated and faded. I ordered a new faceplate from http://dramdesigns.com and installed it yesterday. You just have to pull the radio out, remove the front of the DME by removing 4 small screws around the edge, and push in on the old faceplate to remove it. I used adhesive remover on the old glue and then alcohol. I used a toothpick to apply Locktite G02 glue around the edge on the DME front and wore rubber gloves to avoid fingerprints on the faceplate. This particular glue has to cure 24 hours. The part fit perfectly and I can now see the display clearly. You will need to coordinate a signoff with your A&P.

There is a thread on the BeechTalk forum with detailed pictures on how to do the same on a King 155.

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

Latest posts

Back