• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartmc

Reaction score
In what was probably my next to last flight in 00W. I dropped her off at the avionics shop to have the IFR certs done for the buyer. Runway 29 in use, winds 310@8 no problem, TAF says the same for the next 12 hours, I get updated by tower ATIS IS NOW ZULU, flick on COMM 2 to listen, winds 340@12G14, nice, I'm game. I enter left base for 29, tower chimes in "WINDS NOW 360@18 and gusting" This is maybe 90 seconds after ATIS was updated. Obviously he was letting me know because he cleared me to land from 10 miles out and I haven't heard word on the radio. Anyway, dropped it in dead on the center line with over 9,000' of runway to spare, maybe my best landing to date, wind or not. Think I'm done flying for a while, was nice to get a good, game crosswind in before I send her to JimC land (If everything goes as planned, she'll be living in Nashville next week).

Latest posts

Back