• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

406 ELT Requirements?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourdough44

Reaction score
I was talking to a guy somewhat in the know & he went on about the need to get a 406 ELT rather soon. I'm not sure if it was because of regulation or just that the 121.5 hasn't been monitored by satellites since 2009 or so.

I don't see any firm requirement to get a 406 ELT at the moment. Will they be required soon? I realize Canada has pushed them further along, understandable so for remote areas. I see some companies offer types that may more easily be mounted in place of the older ELTs.

Is the 406 ELT requirement right around the corner or is this up to the owner to decide? Maybe one will need it to pass an annual soon?

Latest posts

Back