• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

1st Annual Underway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourdough44

Reaction score
Yes, this is the 1st annual under my ownership. I just stopped by today to see how things were going. I like the shop at my local field, they've helped me in the past. I also could tell by the log books it needed a good going over, the 1974 Warrior. He said the engine checks fine, & no real corrosion worries. That's what I expected.

Some areas requiring attention are the exhaust system, oil hoses, 2 new tires, Bogert copper cables & then all the regular stuff done on the annual. We also saw a few cracks in the alternator belt today, so that will be replaced. He is going to put new 'O' rings & check out the fuel selector, lube I think too. I have smelled a slight fuel odor while switching tanks, though there is no blue stain, even with the valve exposed.

I knew it would be more than a $900 flat rate annual. I think once I'm through this it should be less painful in future years. He said he was up for going with on the 1st flight afterwards. I've never had that before but it sounds O.K. by me. I'm ready to get flying again, should be done for the Dec 1st sign off.

Latest posts

Back