• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Have you ever felt like you should do something but somehow don’t ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had a nagging feeling for several months that I should do something regarding a better carbon monoxide detector in my 1967 Cherokee 180. All I had was the yellow sticker that supposedly turns dark when carbon monoxide is present. I have read lots of posts of people recommending one product or the other and felt like I really needed do do something but I just did nothing.

Well my plane went into the shop for annual inspection this week and my A&P called late yesterday with the news that I needed a new muffler. Check out the photo and you can see why he was concerned. Talk about a slap in the face. I have decided to replace both mufflers since they are the same age. And yes I will be ordering my CO2 detector today.

So my only advice is to not think it will not happen on your plane. I’m just glad I did not fly much this winter when the heat would have been on.

Attachments

• 1BA79BC5-0701-4EA9-8720-ED236DD91A77.jpeg
    1BA79BC5-0701-4EA9-8720-ED236DD91A77.jpeg
    736 KB · Views: 0
  • CE465CB1-B325-4E9E-8489-4E6BBC3D473B.jpeg
    CE465CB1-B325-4E9E-8489-4E6BBC3D473B.jpeg
    619.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back