• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1969 Piper Cherokee 140

RVTech

Reaction score
My Dad has owned this plane for about 30 years. He lost his battle with lung cancer and left the plane to me. I don't know much about it. It's never been stored outside. It is in a hanger at the Airport in Elizabethtown, Ky. The last time he flew it was the summer of 2011. I start it up about once a month. He had the engine rebuilt a few years ago. Asking $20K

Last edited:

PaulR

Reaction score
Very Sorry to hear about your farther and best wishes selling the plane as it looks like a nice well kept piper 140 in good shape and having it in a hanger surely helps. If you dont know how to do it find his mechanic that took care of the plane and get some more information that every one will be asking you like Total Time on Aircraft, how many hours since last overhaul etc, start and post a pic with this information at your airport on a bulletin board is a good way to try and sell it first.

Best Wishes in selling the plane fast.

ikaros61

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your dad. Can you please give us more information? Like engine hours and total time? also a good website to post too is Barnstormes and it's free.

RVTech

Reaction score
Very Sorry to hear about your farther and best wishes selling the plane as it looks like a nice well kept piper 140 in good shape and having it in a hanger surely helps. If you dont know how to do it find his mechanic that took care of the plane and get some more information that every one will be asking you like Total Time on Aircraft, how many hours since last overhaul etc, start and post a pic with this information at your airport on a bulletin board is a good way to try and sell it first.

Best Wishes in selling the plane fast.

Thanks for the info. I went over to the airport today and looked in the plane for his log book and any other papers or receipts that might be helpful in learning more about the plane. The only thing I found was the instruction manuals on the GPS and other navigational equipment. I am going to go back Monday and talk to the mechanics and guy that runs the airport, they were all good friends with my dad. Thanks again Paul.

RVTech

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your dad. Can you please give us more information? Like engine hours and total time? also a good website to post too is Barnstormes and it's free.

I am going to his house tomorrow, the log book and everything for the plane should be in his office. After I get the info I'll post it here.

PaulR

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I went over to the airport today and looked in the plane for his log book and any other papers or receipts that might be helpful in learning more about the plane. The only thing I found was the instruction manuals on the GPS and other navigational equipment. I am going to go back Monday and talk to the mechanics and guy that runs the airport, they were all good friends with my dad. Thanks again Paul.
Best Wishes and hopefully the mechanics have the logs which are really important to the value to the plane and can help you with the sale for the plane. If you need any more help me and many other PF members are more than willing in any way we can, and let us know how you are making out.

jasondavis

Reaction score
RVTECH
Sorry to hear about your loss.
If you still have the plane PM me. I own a large flight school, we have several clients looking for Pipers (it's what we train in). If you have the logs you MAY be priced way too low.

RVTech

Reaction score
The lawyer and I filled out the paper work last week to put the plane in my name. I found the log books at the airport. The Last major overhaul was at 4642. The last entry in the engine log shows TTAF: 5450.59. I have all the logs books dating from when the plane was new. The plane is still inside the hanger, and still for sale. The plane has not been in the air since 2011. Sorry for the delay....I blame the lawyer.

kikinanac

Reaction score
Is this airplane still for sale, do you have a the log books, any pictures to share

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Piper Forum

gbrooks231

Reaction score
I may have a guy in Bardstown, Ky interested if you are still looking to sell

Sent from my iPad using Piper Forum

Latest posts