• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Water coming out of wing bolt covers - 1967 Piper Cherokee 140

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connor48

Reaction score
We bought this airplane around the beginning of December. Flew it from ND to SC and have been parking it outside. Water seems to be getting in through the windshield seams. Carpet was wet up front so we took them out and dried everything else that got wet the best we could. Every time is has rained since we've had it outside the towels we put on the floor are soaked. We used a tow bar recently to pull it up to a self serve pump and noticed water coming out of the wing bolt cover holes. There's also another hole in the tail that was leaking water, but I forgot to take a picture. Seems like there is more water but some came out because we started moving the plane around.

The plane was hangared before we owned it, so I don't think any of the water is from then. The owner sent a cover he was using for it, but we haven't had any good opportunities to check if it's preventing any water leaks because it hasn't rained since we've been using it.

Here are my two main questions:

1) Could the water from the cabin be going into the wings and tail or are these unrelated?

2) Is water coming from the wing bolt covers something I should be concerned about?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• piper.jpg
    piper.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back