• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1963 Cherokee 180 - rear seat removal / retrofit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chavycha

CGLUMPS or bust!!!
Reaction score
Looking to buy my first Piper and I've found a nice example. It's a 1963 Cherokee 180, which means it has the rear bench seat.

We have two large-ish dogs who occasionally fly with us. We also intend to travel with the airplane with camping, fishing, etc. gear.

I did a search, and didn't find much. Is there a way to legally:

a.) easily remove and replace the top half of the bench seat, as to allow loading of dogs, stuff, etc. via the rear baggage door?

and if it's a pain to remove and replace often...

b.) can one retrofit the smaller single, removable Cherokee 140 type seats in place of the single bench? If so, STC required? And who might have such a thing?

Thanks, and hope to be joining the Piper family soon!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back