• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

160hp Cherokee 140

ScottS

Reaction score
Someone needs to buy this basic VFR workhorse of a 140 so we can upgrade to a 235. Asking $32,000 CAD so I think that is almost free in US dollars these days.

Low time engine, new prop and well maintained. The 160 h.p. with the gap seals and other mods help her climb like a homesick angel. I burned around the circuit (pattern) the other day at light weight in cooler temperatures (Sea Level, 50F, 1800 lbs) and she climbed out at more than 1600 fpm.

I loaded in the girlfriend and two disassembled mountain bikes and the plane had no trouble with a 2600' grass strip with an uphill take off run and west coast 100' Douglas fir trees on the departure end.

https://www.bcaviation.ca/cfrkk.html

FlyCanadianGuy

Reaction score
Looks like the clone of mine in Alberta. Good luck with the sale, kinda low price IMO for a low time engine, im sure it will go quick.

Bobsacomano

Reaction score
In the link the it is written that the engine is 400 SMOH, with a bottom end done in 2013? You may have better response clarifying actual times for everything. It's a little confusing the way it's written. Just a thought. Good luck with your sale.

ScottS

Reaction score
In the link the it is written that the engine is 400 SMOH, with a bottom end done in 2013? You may have better response clarifying actual times for everything. It's a little confusing the way it's written. Just a thought. Good luck with your sale.
I don't believe a teardown inspection and reassembly resets the engine overhaul time if that is what you are getting at?

Bobsacomano

Reaction score
I don't believe a teardown inspection and reassembly resets the engine overhaul time if that is what you are getting at?
I found your add a little confusing in that you haven't stated the hours since the "bottom end overhaul" only that it was done in 2013. That's all.

ScottS

Reaction score
Ahh gotcha. I'll have to look but it would be in the 150 hour range I think since then.