• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

160hp Cherokee 140

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottS

Reaction score
Someone needs to buy this basic VFR workhorse of a 140 so we can upgrade to a 235. Asking $32,000 CAD so I think that is almost free in US dollars these days.

Low time engine, new prop and well maintained. The 160 h.p. with the gap seals and other mods help her climb like a homesick angel. I burned around the circuit (pattern) the other day at light weight in cooler temperatures (Sea Level, 50F, 1800 lbs) and she climbed out at more than 1600 fpm.

I loaded in the girlfriend and two disassembled mountain bikes and the plane had no trouble with a 2600' grass strip with an uphill take off run and west coast 100' Douglas fir trees on the departure end.

https://www.bcaviation.ca/cfrkk.html

Latest posts

Back