• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Arrow Alternator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a pickle on my 1977 turbo arrow P28R201T. After 2 months in annual we flew down to Sun n' Fun for the weekend and on the flight back we slowly lost charge and Aspen went to battery. We landed in Gainesville Florida and engaged the local maintenance shop. First diagnosis was a bag voltage regulator so they ordered and installed the replacement ($2K) but still have the charging problem. Now we are moving on to the alternator and they can't seem to find a replacement. So far they have said it needs to come from Boeing and it could be like 200 days before it ships. I've never thought of Boeing as a source of Piper\Continental replacement parts but that really isn't my knowledge area.

Any ideas on how I can source a new or refurbished Alternator. I can't imagine having my plane sit in the hot Florida sun all summer long. Thank you in advance.

Latest posts

Back