• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Would you re-register as Experimental if you could?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssokol

Reaction score
Yesterday I got the monthly update from Piper Forum. One of the hottest topics for November was apparently a discussion on lightbulbs - specifically, replacing the originally specified GE light bulbs with modern LEDs. The thread went on for page after page with all kinds of arguments both for and against. Most of the participants seemed to agree that the change was harmless, but also illegal.

If common sense changes like this are illegal for a certificated aircraft, then I have to wonder how many of us would swap over to experimental given the opportunity. To that end, I'd like to invite anyone here who has feelings on way or the other to take a brief (7 questions) survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WK3T9XW

Feel free to duke it out here, but I really want something slightly more scientific than I could take to the alphabet groups if enough people think its worth a shot.

Thanks,

Steve

Latest posts

Back