• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Wiring diagrams for PET manual 753-771

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulC

Reaction score
First time airplane owner, a 1976 ArcherII purchased last Saturday. Woo hoo!

The plane only has the Electric Pitch Trim Control, no autopilot. It has a weird anomaly. When the panel cutoff switch is on, the electric trim servo responds to the yoke thumbswitch as expected. When the panel cutoff switch is off, my electric trim servo responds the same but turns twice as fast. Everything else, cables, clutch, etc., works fine.

Thankfully all the pieces work and the problem is only a miswiring issue. All I've been able to determine at this point is the servo is continually energized and the thumbswitch grounds to complete the circuit to actuate the servo, perhaps routed through a solenoid, perhaps not.

The Piper Service Manual states that details of the electric pitch trim system are contained in Piper manual 753-771 which I can't find. Does anyone have the wiring diagrams to share?

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back