• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WI to Disney World

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourdough44

Reaction score
We just got back the other day from Orlando, flew into KISM then cabbed over to the 'Wilderness Lodge' on the Disney property. We haven't gone for about 12 years so I decided to swing the upgraded accommodations.

The flight there and back went as well as could be expected. I had to do some figuring to work the 585 lbs of people weight into my 891 lbs of 'useful load'. I stressed the need for minimal baggage.

The 'fuel straw' was useful and I plugged in 4000' minimum runway lengths on Air-Nav'. I think I only stopped at my planned fuel stops once though. The rest were airborne adjustments. I was at the mercy of whatever fuel price that way, but timing trumped the best price anyway. I checked multiple airports ahead of time just in case.

One airport we did stop at that was very enjoyable was Waycross, GA, nice pavement, great people and a good fuel price. We decided to overnight there, since our reservations were for the next day and rooms were tight around Disney.

The XM weather helped a good amount too. We parked at KISM Jet Center, very nice and they get the best reviews.

Latest posts

Back