• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

What should my AMPS read?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying_Monkey

Reaction score
Learning about my 73 Cherokee Six as I get into the details of flying it. Looking at the JPI EDM900 data which has an AMPS parameter separate from the VOLtS parameter. Noticed the other evening while flying with all lights and radios that the amps read over 80. Just wondering what’s normal. From the POH I understand that the alternator is a 60 amp alternator? Amps usually seems to stay around 60 but was definitely over 80 for a lot of the flight.

Here is the flight in question:

https://savvyanalysis.com/flight/2621836/ca5acf6e-7466-4432-8e38-e5a6a4d4cdfa

Latest posts

Back