• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

What are the best mods for a 1977 Piper Arrow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihawk16

Reaction score
I'm part of a 6 plane club in Minnesota with 5 Pipers and a Mooney in the fleet. With the recent addition of a m20J to the fleet the future of the much slower Arrow is potentially questionable just because it's so much slower.

While I know it'll never make M20J speeds we're contemplating putting a new "much needed" interior in our Arrow this year, and discussing the merits of putting a few thousand dollars into speed mods. Our current Arrow was gps speed checked at 3500 & 7500 at 24 squared and we came up with 124kts & 132 kts respectively. What are the most cost effective speed mods, do they work, and obviously starting with the rigging can we get another 5+ knots true out of our Arrow? We have a big club, and obviously a lot of opinions, but its tough to find much in terms of proof that they work. The local AP's opinion vary from snake oil parts, to they work which pretty much matches our members opinions. I want to try our Arrow as the test bed plane, and if any of the mods work we may look to put them on more of our fleet. The future of our Arrow in the club could depend on this...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back