• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wanted: Cherokee 180 or Archer

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend who is looking for a Cherokee 180 or Archer I / II. If any one knows of something that is clean, decent East Coast based please post here or PM me.

Himark

Supporting Member
Reaction score
72 ---3300TT 800 SMOH. Whats his budgit

propjoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just typed this in another post:
Check Barnstormers frequently. I got mine four hours after the seller posted it, on a Saturday morning. $20k, 1971, 180F high time engine that had new cylinders installed on a old field OH. The seller had it less than an hour drive from me. I had a few A&P/IA friends do the pre-buy. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was mine unless my Mechanic buddies found a show stopper. My IA friend Norm summed it up best. "Nothing special, best thing about it is that its a 180". I've put a lot of love ($$$) in it but learned a ton. I still flew it for close to another 300 Hours, till I had a rod bearing start putting metal in the filter. Now it has two G5's, 530W and a bunch of other upgrades. Covid Engine project (among many other things) has been months and getting close to running now. I love my little Cherokee.

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'll mention it to him. Not sure what sources he is using to "look". Thanks!

Latest posts