• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Very Slight Drip With Fuel Drain?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourdough44

Reaction score
I've noticed recently I have a very slight drip with both my main wing fuel drains. I just checked them today after sitting 3 days. The last flight I worked them a bunch, 15 times rather fast, & that seems to of helped. The one side just had a bead of fuel on the stem. The other side dripped maybe 8-10 drops in the 3 days. That's going off the signs on the wheel pants. I'm just looking into possible courses of action.

Should I just work the valve some more & see if that stops it? I'll check again but I thought in the log book they were replaced some time in the past 10 years or so. Is that to long? Is there an average life span?

I see that flush style by 'Saf-Air', are they better? Would I need a special stemmed jar to test with them?

Should I just put a Curtis style in again & keep the others for possible refurbishment? I know the "O" rings can be replaced in the Saf-Air types.

I just think the little dripping I'm getting won't just go away on it's own & maybe I should head it off. I'd hate to go to the hanger & see 5 gallons of fuel on the floor after being away for 2 weeks.

It seems like most Piper aircraft take the same size fuel drain valve, is that the case? Thanks, getting ideas.

Latest posts

Back