• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Vernatherm location and low oil temps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajett54

Reaction score
I’ve been reading Mona’s thread about high oil temps in the Dakota. I’m experiencing the opposite problem on my 1972 PA28R-200. In warm weather my oil temps barely make it to 180 degrees. In the winter, with oil cooler plate in, the temps are well below 180. This week I flew at 0 degrees Centigrade and oil temp was probably 100 degrees. CHTs were around 280 degrees I think. So my question...Could the the vernatherm be stuck in the open position? Where is the vernatherm located? I’m wondering if this is something I can check myself.

Latest posts

Back