• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

They call it progress.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1A0 Dallas Bay Sky Park closed several mos ago.Today I noticed a sign for hearing to rezone it to residentional on the fence.
It once was very vibrant with a busy flight school,on field maintenance,cookouts and lots of hanger flying.Good times for all.
I soloed my airplane N5772W there the day before my 40th birthday and my daughter was always eager to go flying.Runway was short and narrow with a huge oak tree near the end of the runway 23.

Night flights to and from there were interesting as runway lighting was almost nonexistent,However if they were playing softball at the fields next to it it was great!

New owner bought it and it was never the same,I'd moved to another spot because of the conditions of my hanger and availability of a GPS approach.I did visit 1A0 on occasion but it was not the same.

Now it will become a subdivision among others in that area.

They call this progress.....

Latest posts

Back