• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Tach indicating low

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonsavage

Reaction score
Today I took a TrueTach up in the plane. The tachometer was consistently 150 low; 2400 indcated was 2550 on the TrueTach. 2250 was 2400 on the TrueTach.

I've recently replaced the tach cable and the tach was replaced three years ago. The propeller was recently replaced and the RPM is holding steady so it's not the governor. Is there a way to adjust the tach? Or do I just have to replace it?

Latest posts

Back