• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Speed wax / polish : +5kts !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francois57

Reaction score
:eek:

Strange thing occurred this WE: I had my plane repainted (partial paint) and new and old paint on the upper side of the wing, close to the leading edge had been sandpapered with grit 3000 to mix old and new paint (upper side had not been repainted). They left it as is because I wanted to have a sticker (which wouldn't have liked polish)

Finally had no time and went on trip with sandpapered leading edge... my arrow was down from 130ias to 124 !!! Tried every altitude were I could get 75%, tried all prop combinations, took care of pressure and temperature

Did polish this morning and finished with AERO speed wax, back to 130kts!

This is crazy how a band of 10 inches wide on wing and stab could affect performances. That is also true that not only it was not polished, but the sandpapered paint (white dust) was still there when flying.

Crazy or I miss something ?

Latest posts

Back