• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Should I install insulation with my new interior?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgiles74

Reaction score
So I'm planning out my interior replacement project and the subject of soundproofing came up. Reducing the sound is nice, but I'm more focused on the benefits of reducing the hot Dallas summer heat. (I already have 3 Bose noise canceling headphones) Most days it's 80* before 7:00am. Does anyone have experience with sound insulation and was it worth the weight tradeoff of 25-30lbs being permanently lost from useful load. I've heard it can make a significant difference in noise fatigue and in temperature comfort. Any experience or thoughts?

Latest posts

Back