• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Sensenich Propeller For Sale

Northcoastdiamond

Reaction score
We are a pawnshop in Ashtabula, OH and we have recently acquired an unused, new, Sensenich propeller, model #76EM8-0-60. We are looking to sell it for any reasonable offer. For any inquiries please contact us at 440-997-0147 between 10 am and 5 PM EST.

Ray93J

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe this prop is from a 180 hp Cherokee. These props have very little material beyond minimum service limits. It should be evaluated by a prop shop to be issued a "yellow" tag. Without a yellow tag, it can not be used on a certified airplane.

If new, it should have all the original paperwork from Senenich.

Northcoastdiamond

Reaction score
Thank you for the info! The propeller was brought in to us in the original packaging, unopened (aside from the middle, where it was opened for us to check). We have not opened the box any further, because we didn't want to lose important parts or documents. We've never had an item like this, and none of us are aviators, so we decided posting on a forum might be our best bet. We searched the model number on the Sensenich website and it indicated that it does fit some Piper aircraft. But that is about all we know. Any other info would be great!

Ray93J

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do believe this will fit a Piper Cherokee 180. Your best bet would be to find a FAA prop shop to evaluate it. These props have a history that needs to be verified. I would take it out of the box and see what paper work is included. There should be a log book, a certificate of original from Sensenich and maybe prop bolts. You could contact Sensenich in Lancaster PA. With the SN, they will be able to give you more information.

Don't worry about taking it out of the box, you will not hurt it, just don't nick the blades.

One thing you should look for is the letter "F" stamped on the hub. If there is no F, then the prop needs to be reworked by Sensenich to be airworthy.

FYI, these props sell for about $3000 when new. The rework to make it an F is about $500. If someone needs one of these props, there is about 90 days lead time.

Good luck, you may have a jewel.

Avidflyer2

Reaction score
I do believe this will fit a Piper Cherokee 180. Your best bet would be to find a FAA prop shop to evaluate it. These props have a history that needs to be verified. I would take it out of the box and see what paper work is included. There should be a log book, a certificate of original from Sensenich and maybe prop bolts. You could contact Sensenich in Lancaster PA. With the SN, they will be able to give you more information.

Don't worry about taking it out of the box, you will not hurt it, just don't nick the blades.

One thing you should look for is the letter "F" stamped on the hub. If there is no F, then the prop needs to be reworked by Sensenich to be airworthy.

FYI, these props sell for about $3000 when new. The rework to make it an F is about $500. If someone needs one of these props, there is about 90 days lead time.

Good luck, you may have a jewel.

List price from Sensenich is closer to $4750 as seen on their website.

I think you are referring to FAA AD69-09-03 and Sensenich Service Bulletin R-14A for the inspection which adds the letter "K" prefix to the Serial Number, not the letter "F". The serial number is stamped on the face side of the prop hub along with the model number and type certificate number.

View Sensenich propeller application chart for the model 76EM8, yes it fits the PA28-180 Cherokee and Warrior with Lycoming O-360 180HP Engines. It can even be modified with the installation of a spacer (76EM8(S) to fit many more airplanes, although that may mean a trip back to the factory if the two extra dowel pin holes have not been drilled in the hub.

I agree that the paperwork for a brand new prop should be included in the box. Do not discard anything! What appears to be a simple packing slip may also include a FAA Form 8130 "Certificate of Conformity" attesting to new manufacture or overhaul.

If you are not sure of its airworthiness take this prop to a certificated propeller repair shop for evaluation. The few extra bucks spent will be worth it to get more of a return profit.

Latest posts