• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Selling my refurbished Arrow 180

francois57

Reaction score
Guys... sad news.

I have to sell my Arrow to finance children studies. Hard to avoid.

She has been extensively refurbished in 2015, with many big ADs/SBs and maintenance works done in the last 2 years:

Approx
10000TT Engine 1185Hrs SMOH 11/2009, Prop and governor 370 SPOH 10/12, New radio 25/8.33 ATR833 OLED+Mode S Tx TRT800H Funke all new under warranty, 2 Vors Narco 121/122, PA, EGT/CHT, SPA400, 2 Alt.

Mags 40 Since overhaul 11/14, All hoses 33Hrs 04+15 (gear, fuel, brakes, oil)
SB Wing Spar / Stab counterweight 15 / Elevator cable 16
Gear pump 182 3/14
Alternator brushes 132 6/14

New interior 15, partial paint 15
New oil pressure 16, new Battery 16, new EGT/CHT 15

Add 10-15Hrs to the numbers above.

Pictures fill follow.

43638USD (42000 EURO) + 5k shipping (to be confirmed) ONO.

Last edited:

Leigh

Reaction score
Seems that everything we in North America read about private aviation for users of small planes like we fly is that in Europe the hassles and hurdles are huge and get worse year by year. How would you describe it?

Last edited:

dera

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is that transponder installed so it can be approved by the FAA? I know some Funke's need additional equipment to be Mode C here?

francois57

Reaction score
Seems that everything we in North America read about private aviation for users of small planes like we fly is that in Europe the hassles and hurdles are huge and get worse year by year. How would you describe it?
It was worse and worse, but for a couple a year it gets - slowly - better. This plane is still maintained as for commercial operations, but for private use we now have the right to build our own maintenance program that basically allows you to go on condition for everything.

Pb is to find a AP that will sign off the good condition, as nobody is used to this new owner responsibility scheme

Last edited:

francois57

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is that transponder installed so it can be approved by the FAA? I know some Funke's need additional equipment to be Mode C here?
I have to check, it does Mode A/C/S out of the box. This model is quite popular on European build LSAs (because of weight, I did save 8Lbs when changing radio & Tx) so it might be imported.

The approval should be under the name Pfilzer (former company before renamed to Funke).

Both work great, as any modern radio (guess there are more than 10x less components than in the 70s)

JimC

Reaction score
"I have to sell my Arrow to finance children studies. Hard to avoid".

No better reason for selling. They'll be through school before you know it.