• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Sediment in Fuel on Strain Check

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cecilburden

Reaction score
Has this ever happened? I just bought a 1978 Warrior with 95 SMOH and Last time I flew it Both Tanks had sediment coming out during the strain. 1 is fine now but the other still has a little sediment and will drain but still has some blockage. The previous owner indicates it could be from any "Fuel Farm" and to drain until it becomes clear again and unclogged. Any suggestions or do I have to take this to the shop? Thanks for your input.

Purchased a fuel drainer plug today from Spruce. Hopefully it was the right one. I am going to try and replace the one that is dribbling the sediment. If I understand correctly I can simply take a wrench and unscrew this off, then screw the new one on. The sales rep said it had an O ring that comes with it for the seal. I will bring a jar or container and let it drain a bit to hopefully get out the sediment. It looks like sand, some whiteish and some dark colored. I will try and take a photo next time to post. Any and all feed back is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back