• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

ResQlink PLB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baron62

Reaction score
Just purchased one of these PLBs to keep in my airplane. I currently only have the old 121.5 ELT and wanted a modern unit. It sends your location (within 100 meters) to the 406 MHz satelite system so they can find you much quicker than the old 121.5 system. It also floats so if you ditch in the water and have it in hand, you can still be located after the airplane sinks. Battery lasts almost 6 years when not in use. Good insurance that I hope to never need.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JXY0CQ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I will eventually get an airplane 406 ELT to replace the one in my airplane. Do they sell a slide in 406 replacement for the old aircraft 121.5 units? I need to look and see the model of my 85 Archer unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back