• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Resistor / Diode Assy on Master Solenoid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bever

Reaction score
"Alternator Source Power Relay Energizing Circuit". This assembly is attached to the Master Solenoid and controls the Field on the Alternator....as I understand it.
The part number for the Diode/Resistor assembly is 62279. I am searching for the value of the resistor in that assembly
One of the 62279 pictures on Texas Air Salvage has "ZF 4.7" on the resistor. I am assuming that's 4.7 Ohms of resistance. Both the Service Manual and the Parts Manual are vague in this area. Hoping this forum can provide additional info on the item. Thanks
1968 PA28-180

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back