• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Request to fly passenger weighing over 300 lbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevelwardau

Reaction score
One of our pilots has a request to fly a music group to Outback NSW Australia, in our charities 1976 PA32R

Problem is that the lead singer is 155kg (341 LB)

Pilot says he can plan within weight and balance. And asked me “What does the Chief Pilot say?”

I replied that I believe the passenger would structurally overload the seat – be a liability in any emergency situation – very likely hinder “full and free control function” if in the co pilot position (the only seat he can physically get into)

Having recently read the thread “No More 170 lb passengers” with interest – I have been pondering adding some “Individual Passenger Weight guidance” to the literature that our charity gives out.

Does anybody have any info or practical guidance on Max passenger weight?

I have re-read the pilot handbook and done a Google Search without any joy.

Latest posts

Back