• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Radio Riddle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am the noise on this audio file. I am hooked up to a MAC 1700 radio that was recently removed during a visit to an avionics shop. I became evident after my pilot turned final after a 2 hour cross country, and I fade away when engine RPMs are up above about 900 RPM. At lower RPMs, the alternator switch had no effect on me. My pilot could not get rid of me on the ground and thought he was going to have to spend many AMU's to track me down. I went away on my own after 3 more hours of flight. What am I?

Latest posts

Back