• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Portable cabin AC unit thoughts needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking to pick up a portable AC unit for my plane. This is the type where you put ice in a cooler and it pumps out cold air...well cool air. My fear, which may be unfounded, it that it pumps warm cabin air into the container where it mixes with moist air in the ice cooler before being discharged out the heat exchanger and into the cabin. What I am trying to avoid is to have moist air from melting ice being pumped into the cabin.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how well these units work and whether the incoming warm air is exposed, or not, to the ice before being pumped back into the cabin?

Here are some examples of the AC units for sale. I am not sure which one to get, but leaning towards the unit in the yeti cooler. It all depends on how the unit is actually constructed and how well it is insulated to keep the ice from melting.

Peace.

Yeti AC unit

Arctic Air

Icebox

Latest posts

Back