• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukinstructor

Reaction score
I have a very nice PA28 Cherokee 160 built 1962, she has been a dream to fly over the years and I have a very strong bond with here. I have been spending as much cash on her as she needs to put her back to her former glory. However I have Hit a problem, I am ready to get her a new paint job and one of my friends has been helping remove the seat ect. ect. so he removes the bottom door stay arm and a gust of wind rings around him the door blows back onto the fuselage and rips the hinges from the pins.

So my problem is, the hinges on the 1962, 160 are cast Aluminium, and piper no longer make them, also there are no UK stocks of this hinge, Can anyone advise me if I was to buy a Second hand door with the rolled steel hinge would it fit and do all the doors fit all the models like a PA 28 150 or a PA28 161???? Im just a bit confused.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back