• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PIREP: If you have a broken King KCS-55 / KI-525 / KG-102, Robert Bramble is the man!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The compass card on my King HSI had started to fail over the last year. I would have to toggle it from “slave” to “free” to “slave” multiple times after startup to get it to point to the correct magnetic heading. As I taxied, it would get stuck, requiring me to repeat the sequence. In the air, it was OK as long as I didn’t turn too many degrees per second. And it never quite matched the magnetic heading on my vertical card compass.

So, as I researched the issue on the web, Bob Bramble’s name kept coming up on old posts on multiple forums. I looked him up, had a quick conversation over the phone, and shipped him my KI-525A (HSI) and KG-102 (remote gyro). That was on a Monday. By Tuesday, he had determined the 525 was fine but the remote gyro needed an overhaul. He had shipped it back to me by Thursday. Cost of overhaul: $1600, and it comes with a two-year warranty.

I installed it in the plane, and the entire unit works very smoothly now.

Mr. Bramble has just moved from Sarasota to Tennessee. This is his updated contact information:

Robert Bramble
Aerolab Aviation Services
www.aerolabaviation.com
FAA CRS#V0RR239Y
535 Airport Lane
Suite 1
McKenzie, TN 38201
Ph: (913) 680-4169

Latest posts

Back