• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Service Manual PA28 P/N 753-586

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The last update I can find was back on 31 January 2008.

ATP do not provide updates to this manual and refer you onto Piper Aircraft. Piper aircraft then refer you back to ATP.
CASA in Australia now require the LAME to cross reference then 100 hourly/annual back to the job sheet using the latest Service Manual as a reference code.

Problem is the cost for all the PA28 series service manuals is $5186 from ATP per year which is outrageous.
In summary, I need to find out the latest update publication for piper part number 753-586.

Many thanks

Regards
Ian Wright
Perth
Western Australian

email. [email protected]

ATP is the only source for current Piper manuals. You can purchase for one aircraft type or the entire PA-28 Series.

You can purchase for the following models for $780.00 US
This includes 753-586
Cherokee PA-28-140; -150; -160; -180; -235; & PA-28R-180/200
Arrow IV PA-28RT-201 & PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV
PA-38-112 Tomahawk

ATPs part number is BPA5.

Go to www.ATP.com
Click on Shop ATP Store
At the top "Search for products" enter BPA5

The ATP data is in the cloud. It is a subscription for one year. Since Piper does not revise their manuals very often I only subscribe when things change. the Piper website has a list of the current manuals and date. When I downloaded their app it was set up to only show one section of a manual at a time. Convenient if you are using it at your computer but not handy if you have no internet access on the maintenance floor. I needed to download the entire manual as on file. There is a setting on the app to do this. I downloaded each document in the subscription. I like paper manuals for use in the shop. I printed the manuals I use. It took a little time but worth the effort. If you do not want to renew at the end of the subscription be sure and tell them.

ATP is the only source for current Piper manuals. You can purchase for one aircraft type or the entire PA-28 Series.

You can purchase for the following models for $780.00 US
This includes 753-586
Cherokee PA-28-140; -150; -160; -180; -235; & PA-28R-180/200
Arrow IV PA-28RT-201 & PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV
PA-38-112 Tomahawk

ATPs part number is BPA5.

Go to www.ATP.com
Click on Shop ATP Store
At the top "Search for products" enter BPA5

The last update was back on 31 January 2008. ATP has this manual listed but they refer you back to Piper and Piper refer you back to ATP. it would appear that the last update was on 31 January 2008.
Thanks.

Latest revision is 11/30/19. Piper Pubs & Revision Dates.

Fortunately I don't need to deal with ATP - real shame for those in countries where regulations give them no option.

When I received my A&P in 2008 I thought It'd be a great idea to have latest up to date manuals for all fixed wing under 12,500lbs so I was ready for anything that came through the door - well the quote from ATP of $64K for the 1st year followed by $27K/yr renewal quickly put an end to that.

Last edited:
Latest revision is 11/30/19. Piper Pubs & Revision Dates.

Fortunately I don't need to deal with ATP - real shame for those in countries where regulations give them no option.

When I received my A&P in 2008 I thought It'd be a great idea to have latest up to date manuals for all fixed wing under 12,500lbs so I was ready for anything that came through the door - well the quote from ATP of $64K for the 1st year followed by $27K/yr renewal quickly put an end to that.
I thought that date only refers to the Fliteliner but eventually not. I contacted ATP and they advised that they don‘t handle this manual and to contact Piper. Piper website says contact ATP so I know not sure which way to turn.
CASA in Australia have unfortunately recent adopted the approach by referring to current service manuals which means using current manuals prepared by ATP.
Many thanks

Latest posts

Back