• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA-32 Aft Doors Removed for Flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm gonna wade out into the weeds with this one, but has anyone ever seen in the PA-32 Type Certificate Data Sheet mentions of approval for flight with aft doors removed (i.e. aerial photography, skydiving)? I was chatting with an aerial photog who shoots from an A-36 Bonanza. He stated the Bonanza TCDS lists the aft doors as "not required for flight", thus, removable without waiver or logbook note.

I thoroughly read my original Aircraft Handbook, TCDS, and found no mentions regarding such operation, but perhaps in 1966 Piper was not thinking about future use of the aft cabin. Are there subsequent waivers given on newer models grandfathering in older models?

My insurance policy forbids commercial flight requiring waivers, stating specifically skydiving and aerial photography. Regardless, is this something that has been tested and certified?

Latest posts

Back