• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA-23 Fuel Anomaly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So lately I've noticed fuel pressure on both engines when one wasn't running. Thought that was strange. Fast forward to today when I'm finally getting to bring my bird home after a long winter in MX (separate thread will post soon). I notice the same issue with fuel pressure on both engines when only the left is running. Hmmm. Start the right, taxi out, and do the run-up. Right engine starts to sputter when I advance to check the mags. Seems like it is starving of fuel. Eventually it quits. That's strange, only an hour of fuel out of the tanks I'm running on. Left side shows half full, right side is close to empty. Thought it was just a bad sender in the tank. Taxi back to the shop on one. Look in the tanks and sure enough, right tank is dry, left tank is half full. So apparently I've been running both engines out of one tank, but the Crossed is closed. Shouldn't happen right? Well it did. Changed the gascalators at last annual. Can't think of why this would happen. Any PA-23 fuel system experts have an idea how this happens? :confused:

Latest posts

Back