• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pa-23 apache flaps and aileron rigging questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heygeronimo

Reaction score
So finally got the plane all done and flying. She flys straight and level but when i introduce flaps she wont fly hands off anymore. Have to slightly hold her wings level. So upon further research I realized the left flap is level with the wing per the manual. However the right flap is down considerably when the flaps are supposed to be up. Probably 3 degrees or so. Seems like a lot. So i decided to check the ailerons which also seem to be off. When i put one aileron to the neutral position the other is off. Meaning they are never at the same position as one another. I assume this is why someone dropped the right flap to compensate for it when they should have just re rigged everything properly.

So I have two IA's. One says aileron changes will make little to ni differemce in it flying level. The other says it will. So which is itV

Also one IA says the lower flap will not cause me a speed loss while the other gentleman says it very likely will. Again which is true?

So rigging the flaps back to neutral is pretty straight forward, however how complicated is it to set the ailerons neutral as well? I want to set both perfectly neutral and then adjust from there if needed to get hands off flying.

Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back