• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Oxygen Masks for Saratoga II TC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in need of replacing the old/brittle O2 constant-flow masks that came with the plane in favor of something newer. For the pilot/copilot, I'd like a mask with a microphone, for the passengers, standard masks are fine (won't be flying with pax for extended periods of time above 12.5k anyway, the masks are more for me and my pilot friends to use). Anyway, it's an older Scott Aviation (Avox/Zodiac) constant-flow system system, and based on what I can find on their site (http://www.avoxsys.com/pdf/products...ries-constant-flow-Oxygen-mask-assemblies.pdf), I'd be looking at these:

28314-11 - Sky Mask (basic passenger)
28313-11 - Duo-Seal® Mask with 802754-04 Microphone/Switch Assembly and Plug Assembly (PJ-068 Type)
28316-11 - Duo-Seal® Mask with 802754-05 Microphone and Plug Assembly (PJ-068 Type)
28323-11 - Duo-Seal® Mask with 803557-02 Electret Microphone and Plug Assembly (PJ-068 Type)
28321-11 - 249 Constant Flow Mask with Dynamic Microphone, Pre-amp, and PJ-068 Plug
28322-11 - 249 Constant Flow Mask with 802754-05 Carbon Microphone and PJ-068 Plug

From the few I can find on Controller that aren't already used/reclaimed, they're hard to come by and very expensive. So I pose these questions to this forum for guidance:

1. With the exception of the connector that plugs into the plane's O2 system (8570-00), can I use any constant flow mask? Are the hose sizes standard?
2. What's the difference in the microphone types - Microphone/Switch Assembly, Electret Microphone, Dynamic Microphone, Pre-amp? Does it matter?
3. Any general high-altitude recommendations from those that fly a II TC above 13,000' ?

Thanks,

-Jason.

Latest posts

Back